Jobs ›› Human Resource Manager
About the Job
An international for-profit social enterprise committed to the eradication of poverty and the empowerment of workers seeks the services of a Human Resource Manager. The HR Manager will report to the Ghana Country Director and International Operations Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, develop and implement recruitment and selection programs, discipline, grievance, counseling, pay and conditions, contracts, training and development, succession planning, moral and motivation, culture and attitude development, performance appraisal and quality management issues.
- Audit and authenticate all documents related to legal, salary statements and distribution, policies, ensuring legal compliance with labour regulations in country and represents the organization at hearings. Manage all immigration clearance and issues for expatriate staff.
- Handle recruitment and training -administer a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program for each position, counsel managers on candidate selection, conduct and analyze exit interviews and recommend changes.
- Monitor and report on employee performance issues, career opportunities and development plans and achievement with approved reporting formats and timescales.
- Plan and assist quarterly employee’s performance review, job evaluation and career developmental goals.
- Maintain salary and pay scale plan for each employee, prepare monthly salary budgets, assist payroll implementation, and recommend, plan and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits by assessing benefit needs and trend and recommending benefit programs to management.
- Train managers to coach and discipline employees, schedule management conferences with employees, resolve employee grievances and counsel employees and supervisors.
- Liaise with other functional / departmental head to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purpose and achievements.
- Contribute to the on-going evaluation and development of HR strategy and performance in co-operation with the executive team.
- Administer employee satisfaction survey, record all social impact metrics, counsel employees on personal milestones and goals and produce social impact report bi-annually.
- Develop and maintain healthy external relations with governmental and non-governmental organizations for better and fast functioning of organization.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Experience in compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Evidence of the ability to practice and coach organization managers in the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint software.
- An interest in career development and training within the workplace.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
- A minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions, preferred.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labour relations, preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement, preferred.
Company: Liberty and Justice
Industry: Social Venture/Enterprise
Job type: Full-Time
Job status: Position Filled
Years of Experience:5