Research and Development
We believe strongly in the importance and necessity of R&D, and so we will conduct research in operations and human resource-related issues in Ghana. We will publish results of our studies, and will also undertake client-commissioned projects. We seek to become information brokers and a warehouse with a wealth of information on HR in Ghana, drawing on the experiences of our Team members who are also in academia.
- Best Practices in Industry - we will conduct research on local and international best practices in specific industries and areas
- Special Topics - independent and commissioned research projects, symposia, workshops, conferences etc.
- Global South-South Learning Exchanges - we believe in learning from contexts similar to ours, and so we conduct research in specific industries and facilitate learning exchanges between our clients and their counterparts in other parts of the world, especially the global south.
- Knowledge IdeaBank - Database of research ideas and outlines (especially useful for students & researchers)
- We plan to establish an Axis Library
- Subscription-based borrowing privileges
- Access to online article database (in-house and/or external)
For more details on our Research and Development services, please register/login.
- Source for/receive a request for research support in writing (email is fine)
- We discuss what exactly you would like to know and understand - what information you need, and whether it will require research within or outside of your organization
- We set goals and targets for the research project, clarifying your objectives
- We decide on a fee and sign a contractual agreement. Our pricing strategy is based on the information below (what it will take from start to finish - accessing data, time needed, travel expenses if necessary, etc.)
When we design the research project, we take the following into consideration:
- Sources of information/literature on the subject, and our access to such information
- Data collection methods - surveys (online or hard copy questionnaires), focus groups, observation etc...
- Time needed to complete the project
- The number of people needed to complete the project
- Throughout the process, we keep clients informed about our progress through our Axis Research Updates and answer their questions
Research Report Write-up
- We synthesize and consolidate all the information gathered into a reader-friendly report
- We also put our findings together in graphical formats
- We present the report and our findings to the client and answer whatever questions they have
- Research is a means to an end, and we believe that beyond learning new information, it must lead to creative problem-solving and business improvement.
- We will help clients to design knowledge transfer strategies, to make sure that whatever knowledge is gained will be transferred into action
- We proactively follow up on clients to assess how useful the information provided to them has been, and to provide whatever support is necessary.
Kindly let us know if there is any additional information you would need. See the Contact Us page for contact details.