We believe in the use of creative and innovative ways of attracting and selecting new members of organizations, and so we operate differently from the norm.
Our recruiting - advertising, selection, orientation etc. looks for people who have passion, potential and experience. We move beyond jobs to focus on careers. We also move radically towards hiring people from more non-traditional and diverse backgrounds. This gives much room for innovation and fresh ideas in ways that will make the organization dynamic and adaptable to change.
To Join Our Network
- Take a look at our career building guidelines for writing a great CV, and use it to revise your CV
- Register with our Axis Online Network
- Fill out the information form as completely as possible
- If you would want to be included in our Database as a "Temp" (a person who is thoroughly assessed and is willing to take up short term/temporary positions in companies), kindly indicate that when you fill out the online registration form
- Upload your CV(Your CV must be in a .doc, or .docx format & must not exceed 100K)
- Visit the site often for relevant and helpful information
For more details on our recruitment process, including interviews, please register/login.
To find a job through Axis
- If you wish to apply for a specific, posted position, please include a cover letter and make reference to the position you are interested in. Follow the directions in the job advertisement to apply for the job.
- If you are already a registered user of Axis services, you do not have to upload your CV each time. You only have to send in a cover letter and apply for the job online.
Our Recruitment Process
- Send in your application
- We search through our database and examine CVs and conduct our first round of short listing of candidates
- We will call the first round applicants for telephone screening
- First round of interviews will be held for selected candidates
- Our interviews may require that you submit writing samples, take on-site office application tests, give presentations etc...
- Everyone invited for an interview also benefits from the opportunity to have their CV critiqued for a revision and resubmission.
- Our interviews are relatively relaxed. At Axis, we expect to see both male and female applicants in professional attire - i.e., the business clothes that you would wear to work on any regular working day. For guidelines on interviews, please visit the Axis Toolkit and download the Axis Career Building Guidelines.
- A second round of interviews with clients will be held for final round candidates, and clients will make their final selections of the best matches for the open positions
Very Important - please note:
- Please come for interviews with at least one hard copy of your CV and a hard copy list of at least three professional references
- Job applicants who show up for interviews more that 15 minutes late, without prior notification, will have to reschedule for another interview time.
- Applicants who do not show up at all, and do not inform Axis, will lose the opportunity to be interviewed for that position. Repeated no-show candidates will be deleted from the Axis Database
- Please see our Career Toolkit document for interview tips
Regardless of whether you currently have vacancies or not, we invite you to join our Axis Network, by registering online. We are committed to assisting organizations to find the best matches for their organizations, and we also help to develop the capacity of their employees to excel and become valuable contributors to achieving your mission and vision.
Axis has recruited competent employees for organizations across industries that include Law, Health, Education, Financial Services, IT, Non-Profit, Media and Manufacturing. Our clients have been pleased with our placements, since we honor our word; that we recruit people who are not only competent, but have a genuine interest in the industry they will be working in.
We would like to take on the challenge of helping your organization to become competitive in its industry, and to also become a part of its success story.
Below is an outline of our recruitment process...
Initial contact, preliminary assessment
- Request received from client in writing (email is acceptable)
- Axis sends the service policy, answers questions etc...
- Axis makes inquiries about position - job description, start date, salary etc.
Job Advertising on Axis and external sites
- Axis Selection Process
- Search through Axis database
- CV sorting - set selection criteria for role/function
- Telephone screening
- Interviews - in-house Round 1 interviews
- Candidates may be asked to submit work samples, take on-site tests, engage in various selection activities depending on the position in question
- Shortlisted candidates are sent to clients (we do the scheduling)
- We also send our interview notes (to be read AFTER clients interview candidates)
- We may or may not join the client for interviews (depending on client's preference)
- After interviews, we follow up with clients and candidates
- Clients provide contract information for new hires - start date, salary etc...
- We generate an invoice and send it to the client along with service report
- Follow up and feedback forms will be sent to clients
For more details on our recruitment process, including fees, please register/login.
Axis Recruitment Service Policy
Upon receipt of a request in writing (formal letter, formal/informal email), we begin the recruitment process. The request should include the job title, salary range as well as a job description.
- We typically charge a non-refundable, upfront fee of Eighty Ghana Cedis (GH¢ 80.00) as of January 2010, in order to cover our upfront expenses including advertising. Our advertising strategy (online, print media, word of mouth et cetera) depends on the nature of the job and the kind of individual we seek to attract.
- Upon agreement and acceptance of our service terms, we go ahead to advertise the position. As candidates send in their applications, we sift through these CVs; conduct brief phone screening interviews with the applicants and then shortlist individuals for "in-person" interviews.
- Once we meet applicants in person, we make our selection decisions on whom we believe is the best fit for the position in your firm. In addition to the role-specific job description, we take into consideration the applicant's skills and interest in the industry, the actual position, their career plans, work experience, leadership record and their potential to excel and be an asset to your company.
- We contact our clients and arrange interviews with the shortlisted candidates, and also make available copies of the candidates' CVs. The client then makes the final selection after meeting the shortlisted candidates.
- Once our clients find the best fit, they then inform us of the final salary agreements, and we send an invoice for the full payment (the new hire's monthly gross salary minus the initial GH¢80.00 fee).
Throughout the selection process we make it a duty to give our clients a service update informing them of our progress in the recruitment and selection process.
Please note: Where Axis is not given the exclusive mandate to fill a position, and clients find a suitable candidate while we conduct our own search, we will structure a fee that allows us to recoup the full costs of the search (charge up to fifty percent (50%) of our regular or full fee to cover the opportunity costs incurred).
Kindly let us know if there is any additional information you would need. See the Contact Us page for contact details.